If you or a member of your family becomes ill you want to take prompt action to get treatment. The NHS is good as an accident and emergency service but its resources elsewhere are stretched. Insurers have therefore developed a range of private medical insurance / health plans products that enable you to access medical services promptly and conveniently.
PMI policies normally provide:-
- Rapid access to medical treatment
- Often a choice of when and where treatment is provided
- Private hospital facilities
- Some private health care treatments that may not be available on the NHS
- A host of extra benefits and helplines